Scrap Metal Recycling
Great service and fair pricing.
As one of the leading scrap metal providers in Northern Illinois, DIMCO has accumulated nearly 100 years of industry expertise and service.
DIMCO is equipped to handle anything from a few bags of aluminum cans to truckloads of scrap metal. Our recycling center and scrap yard are ready and able to serve our customer’s scrap metal needs. View our Scrap Pricing page for more information on the list of items we do not accept.
We also provide dump hoppers and load lugger containers or trailers to our industrial customers who accumulate truckloads of scrap metal on a regular basis.
We calculate the prices we pay-out based on industry publications of current consumer buying prices minus our shipping and handling costs so our customers can rest assured they are receiving fair pricing.
Contact us today for a price quote on your scrap metal or to schedule an in-person appointment at your business to discuss your scrap handling needs.
Scrap Metal Services
We aim to serve.
At DIMCO, we strive to provide our customers with fair pricing and the proper equipment to safely and quickly handle their scrap metal needs.
- We have small containers ranging from 1/4 yard through 2 yards available, so you can accumulate production or maintenance scrap. If you need a different size, we will make sure to provide you with a container that fits your requirements.
- If you need several trailers or large containers to segregate and accumulate different grades of production and/or maintenance scrap, we have open-top trailers, flatbed trailers, load lugger and roll-off containers.
- We also provide a convenient drive-through recycling center to bring aluminum cans, copper wire or other metals.
Materials We Accept
What do you want to sell?
We purchase or accept most metallic scrap:
- All alloys of aluminum
- All alloys of brass
- All alloys of copper
- Most alloys of lead and lead/acid batteries
- All grades of scrap iron and steel
- All stainless steel and nickel alloys
- All alloys of tin
- All alloys of zinc
- Computer scrap
- Junk Cars and Trucks
We do not take the following items:
- Transformers and ballasts containing PCBs
- Rechargeable batteries from Electric Cars
- Lithium batteries or batteries containing Cadmium
- Appliances that contain Freon
- Items containing primarily plastic, rubber or wood
- Mercury or any item containing Mercury
- Any items containing hazardous substances or chemicals